Find your place on our team
At Synedgen, our culture fosters innovation. Join us in the relentless pursuit of simple solutions to complex medical challenges.
Synedgen is hiring an entry level chemist in our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility to expand our glycopolymer compound library. Synedgen has developed a Glycomics Technology Platform which provides the basis for all of the healthcare related products it develops. The chemist will synthesize new molecules, assist in manufacturing of current molecules, and perform quality control and developmental testing. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team working to expand an organization as it develops novel drug products with the potential to impact millions of lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Synthesize and analyze new molecules to expand Synedgen’s glycomics technology compound library.
- Assist in manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients, medical devices and drug products in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform routine testing for manufacturing, qualification, and validation activities.
- Perform checks to maintain instrumentation and facilities in proper operating conditions and cleanliness.
- Assist in the development of new analytical techniques.
- Assist in development and writing of cGMP documentation.
- Strong scientific background and understanding of basic laboratory techniques.
- Scientific knowledge and experience operating FTIR, HPLC, Spectrophotometer, and NMR.
- Ability to independently follow and comply with written instructions.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with aqueous phase synthesis.
- Excellent communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with polymers is a plus.
- Experience in cGMP or GLP environment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- 0-3 years’ experience
- Ability to gown aseptically to work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Applicant review begins immediately. Cover letter, resume or CV, and list of three references must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Candidates Preferred
Synedgen will consider exceptional applicants who fulfill our unique needs. If you are interested in applying your knowledge and skills to understand and create the next generation of glycomic therapeutics, send a cover letter along with your resume or CV to the address below. Applications without a cover letter that specifically discusses the applicant’s interests in Synedgen and potential contributions will not be considered.
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.
Suite 105 D
Claremont CA 91711