Find your place on our team
At Synedgen, our culture fosters innovation. Join us in the relentless pursuit of simple solutions to complex medical challenges.
Research Scientist Position –Cell Biologist /Mucosal Immunologist
Synedgen is seeking a talented and experienced cell biologist to contribute to our efforts in our Glycomics Technology Platform, which produces drugs with the ability to control inflammation, reduce infection, and enhance the innate immune response. This position requires research expertise in the GI tract related to infection and mucosal immunity. Understanding of the relationship between inflammation and the microbiome is desirable. Expertise in pulmonary or vascular immunology is also relevant.
The successful candidate should have completed a PhD and have postdoctoral experience (or equivalent) with relevant laboratory and laboratory management experience. Candidate should have a desire to work in and understand the unique challenges of a small and rapidly growing organization. Preference will be given to candidates with 2-3 years additional experience showing independence and ability to work well with colleagues in an industrial environment. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. Must have demonstrated ability to work with and mentor junior colleagues, write effectively and present clearly. California resident preferred.
- Lead next generation laboratory assessment of
- Data entry and analysis, and authoring internal reports for dissemination and archiving
- Provide expertise and support to project team members
- Ability to carry out precise analytical techniques reproducibly, analyze the results and present at internal meetings
- Additional duties include writing laboratory reports, and assisting in grant proposal preparation and journal article preparation
- Maintenance of laboratories, equipment, and facilities
- Management of sample, supply and media inventory
- Chemical, biological, and personnel safety in the designated laboratories and offices
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate, post-doctoral and/or industry experience preferred
Field of Expertise: Directly related education in molecular/cellular biology related to mucosal immunology, innate immunity, GI dysbiosis or other relevant discipline with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures, experience maintaining and optimizing various cell lines and analytical methods. Other fields of innate immunology without specific GI expertise will be considered.
Preferred experimental experience includes: general laboratory skills, excellent laboratory reporting and record keeping, aseptic technique, reagent preparation, PCR sample preparation and analysis, gene pathway assessment, protein and/or cell identification and/or sorting, receptor binding and pathway signaling, fluorescence microscopy, microarrays, proteomics, microbiome assessment and cytokine quantification. Knowledge of or experience with inflammatory/healing pathways are preferred. Microbiology experience is a plus. Synedgen does not have an animal facility; thus, the ability to work with external collaborators, manage contract research and guide and analyze animal research is a plus.
A successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter, able to prioritize efforts, work efficiently and direct laboratory research.
- Be committed to corporate integrity and scientific rigor.
- Be responsive to company needs and changing research priorities.
- Have excellent verbal/written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills both to management and to research colleagues.
- Understand the complementary roles and support relationships with regulatory affairs, manufacturing and quality assurance.
- Have experience in successful proposal writing and reporting.
- Have a demonstrated record of publications and presentations.
- Be able to work within budget and/or time constraints efficiently and effectively.
Synedgen will consider exceptional applicants who fulfill our unique needs. If you are interested in applying your knowledge and skills to understand and create the next generation of glycomic therapeutics, send a cover letter along with your resume or CV to the address below. Applications without a cover letter that specifically discusses the applicant’s interests in Synedgen and potential contributions will not be considered.
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.
Suite 105 D
Claremont CA 91711